NEW ENGLAND CYCLOCROSS & ULTRA CYCLING TEAM
Maureen Bruno Roy (a.k.a Mo)
- Overall winner USA Cycling National Cyclocross Calendar 2009
- 18th Tabor World Cup, Czech Republic 2011
- 2nd Jingle Cross Rock, Iowa City, IA 2011
- 4th USGP Planet Bike Cup, Madison, WI 2011
- 4th Internationale Centrumcross, Surhuisterveen, NL 2011
- 25th CX World Championships, Tabor Czech Republic 2010
- Masters 30-34 Cyclocross National Champion, 2005, 2007, 2008
- 3rd Elite Women's Cyclocross National Championships, 2005
- 5th Elite Women's Cyclocross National Championships, 2007
- 8th Elite Women's Cyclocross National Championships, 2011
- US World Championship Team Member, 2006, 2010
- Expert 30-34 Mountain Bike National Champion 2007
Mo returns to mountain bike racing in the Pro category this season and to the Elite cyclocross circuit with some big goals for 2012.
Date of Birth/Location: 10.11.75, Malden, MA
Height: 5' 4”
Current Residence: Arlington, MA
Education: Muscular Therapy Institute, Diploma 1998, Massachusetts College of Art, BFA 2002
Years Riding/Racing: riding since 1996, racing cyclocross since 2004
Strengths on the bike: anything muddy, cyclocross, climbing
Strengths/Interests off the bike: yoga, pilates, vegetarian/vegan cooking, gardening, mixed-media art, music, movies, dance-parties.
Dislikes: closed-mindedness, fanaticism, meat, nuts, stinky cheese
Goals for 2012:
Place top 3 in the US Gran Prix of Cyclocross Series
Place top 3 in Elite Cyclocross Nationals
Place top 10 in World Cup events
Qualify for the 2013 U.S. World's Team
Family Status: Married to Matt Roy, 2 cats Pippin and Merry
Favorite Movies: Wes Anderson films, original Superman movies, Labyrinth, John Hughes movies, Goonies, John Cusack movies
Favorite bands/music: indie rock, electronica, ska, Mo-Town, Pixies, Ramones, Clash, Bowie, Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Nirvana, Beth Orton, Nada Surf, Michael Jackson
Little known fact: Still holds the UMass Dartmouth out-door track and field record for the 400meter hurdles (66.16). Is a fraternal twin to sister, Julie.
With a background in track and field (hurdles, sprinting, longjump), Mo made the transition to racing cyclocross in 2004 and quickly moved up the ranks with some big wins. Highlights include the overall win in the Verge New England Series, the overall win in the Verge Mid Atlantic Series, winning the Masters 30-34 Cyclocross National Championship, placing 3rd in the Elite Cyclocross National Championships and earning a spot on the US National Team to compete in the World Championships.
Mo has been working as a professional massage therapist for 10 years, specializing in deep tissue, sports massage, pre-natal massage and Thai yoga massage. She currently has a full-time private practice in Arlington, MA and is Nationally Certified. She has been working with several of the top ranked domestic and international cycling teams since 2000.
MM Racing presented by Seven Cylces promotes an eco-friendly lifestyle through bicycle commuting, vegetarianism, organic-local foods and products, recycling, composting and supporting local business.